Mission & Aims
A central mission of KPY thus is to act as a capacity building centre, where local and transnational research, policy thinking and training opportunities in the cultural policy and management fields are gathered, disseminated and exchanged.
KPY aims to produce, analyze, compile, monitor, evaluate and disseminate cultural policy knowledge in support of democratic, participatory cultural policy-making in Turkey, and within a broader European perspective.
- To promote and conduct research on cultural policy and management.
- To facilitate professional meetings and discussions on methods of ‘participative local cultural policy making’ across Turkey.
- To initiate a network on cultural management and policy development in Turkey, the EU and the neighboring regions.
- To publish a ‘Yearbook of Cultural Policy and Management’ in Turkish and English, to distribute them and other publications and papers across Europe and Turkey.
- To disseminate local data and documented activities widely in order to contribute to an acknowledged debate on cultural policy in Turkey and Europe.
- To build an expert pool for training and research on cultural policy and management, to provide theory and practice based expert knowledge.